Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sitting at work, dreaming...

I'm at work now, i work EVERY weekend. I guess really i can't complain too much. I have a "good" job, a "good" income, i "own" my house...etc. I put quotes around that because those are all the requirements of living in the Bay Area right? As much as i have always claimed to want to avoid the rat race, i have failed. I am immersed in it actually. I have a mortgage, two car payments, DSL, HDTV, Netflix, cell phones, etc, etc.

I guess i'm wondering...why? What exactly am i trying to accomplish, or where am i trying to go? When i actually sit down and think about what matters, it's certainly not these things i'm working 50hrs/wk to pay for. The thing that matter are my wife, soon to be child, my father, few close friends, snowboarding is high up there as well. What can i do? quit, move, sell, what?

1 comment:

Beo said...

Tell the truth.:)